Memory: The cougar
When I was a kid, I used to go visit my grandfather with my mom. He always took me to the forest to find firewood and eat strawberries, Once we walked for like four hours into the forest but it was fun and I also really liked walking between the giant trees so I didn’t mind. That time we saw a cougar, my grandfather whispered to me that we shouldn’t do anything so it wouldn’t run away, and I thought that was boring because I wanted to follow it, but when I stared at it for a few minutes I realized it wasn’t that boring, I don’t know why but it felt like one of the most intense moments of my life. We literally stared at each other with the cougar for like an hour and a half. It may sound boring and stupid but it wasn’t. When I was looking at him I started thinking in what the cougar was thinking and why he was just looking at us. When it started to get dark my grandfather picked a rock and threw it to the cougar so it could run away and we could leave, but the cougar only looked at the rock like it was nothing. He said that we just left and after a few minutes I looked back and it was gone. When we reached the highway to get to the city I looked back and the cougar was there staring at us, I told my grandfather why it followed us and he told me that he was saying goodbye to us. Then we didn’t say a single word in all the way home. I’m pretty sure we both were thinking about the cougar.
very good! I would love to try those strawberries!!!!
ReplyDelete